Apple has invented some revolutionary techs right from iPods to iPhones, and iPads are no exception here; giving users the ultimate gadget experience on a bigger screen. Yes, iPads are a grand success for Apple since the day its first model was launched. And why won’t it be? With a beautiful 9.7 inch display and a smooth user experience, it would give buyers exactly or even more than what they expected. Check iPad Mini 5 features below.
And then came the idea of same entertainment on a comparatively smaller screen. It was obviously named the iPad Mini and launched on the 2nd of November 2012. The iPad Mini had gone through many changes since launch. The latest launch in the line of Apple’s 7.9-inch tablet is the iPad Mini 4, which was launched on the 9th of September 2015.
Since then, Apple kind of took a break and it has been over two years now that the last iPad Mini was launched. Rumors played its part stating Apple might discontinue the iPad Mini line, however, nothing is confirmed yet.
iPad Mini 5 Features (Expected):
Apple hasn’t confirmed anything about the next-gen iPad Mini. Hence, it has given an opportunity to many sources (trusted as well as untrusted) to come up with rumored specifications. Some of these are listed below:
- Thinner Design: The new iPad Mini is expected to measure only 5mm in thickness, making it thinner than its predecessor (6.1mm).
- 7000-Series Aluminium Chasis: The iPad Mini 5 is expected to have 7000-series aluminum chassis like the iPhone 6s and 7 handsets. It will make the iPad more durable, especially when it is expected to be 5mm thick preventing it from bending.
- New Fingerprint Scanner: The fingerprint scanner in this new gen iPad Mini is expected to be embedded on the screen.
- Screen: Apple is likely to stick to the 7.9-inch screen for the new product with the same 1536 x 2048 resolution. Some things might change though; for example, true Tone display might be an addition. Also, there are rumors of pressure-sensitive 3D touch screen like we see in iPhone 6s and higher.
- Camera and Battery: The iPad Mini 4 has an 8MP rear and a 1.2MP front-facing camera, and Apple has moved on to a 12MP rear and 5MP front-facing cameras with the iPad Pro 9.7, so there’s a chance of the new iPad Mini 5 having the same or even higher specs.
However, there’s no news on what size the battery will be. There is a 5,124mAh one in the iPad Mini4.
- OS and Power: It is expected to be packed with the A10 Fusion chipset from the iPhone 7 or the A9X from the iPad Pro 9.7. And the RAM might remain the same (2 GB) like in the iPad Mini4 and the iPad Pro 9.7. And it is expected to launch with the latest iOS (iOS 11).
Expected Release Date:
The new iPad Mini 5, if at all it is launched, is expected no sooner than the autumn of 2017. Reports from trusted tech media suggested a June 2017 launch but that’s been gone. And although Apple has done two separate iPad launches so far in 2017, there has been no mention of a new small iPad.
There aren’t any price rumors yet, but the iPad Mini 5 will likely cost at least as much as the Mini 4. That will be around $399/£379 for a 32GB version.
Wrapping It Up:
So, this is all that we know about the rumored iPad Mini 5. It might be discontinued or launched with maybe most of the above-mentioned expected features. But then again, nothing is confirmed yet.
Hope you have liked the article; please comment and share it if you do.